I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Friday, September 15, 2006

TWO DAYS IN A ROW!


As I mentioned in the last post, yesterday was a special occasion. My partner and I celebrated our 5 year dating anniversary. I say dating anniversary because one month ago, we got married, so now we have two anniversaries.

Now, I wasn’t your typical bride – I didn’t spend much time looking at flower arrangements, bridesmaids’ dresses, or updo’s. But I searched far and wide in my quest for the perfect wedding cake. When all was said and done, I had tried six cakes from three different bakers.

And it was worth it. My cake was this fantastic, three-tiered, cream-cheese frosting enrobed, red velvet masterpiece. See? Isn't it fantastic!? People actually ate the cake at the wedding, and I think they enjoyed it. That’s unheard of with wedding cake. My partner and I got the top tier and put it in the freezer. But with a lesbian wedding, it’s pretty easy to buck tradition.

So last night, on our 5 year dating anniversary, we took out the ol’ top tier and ate it. I mean, why wait until its freezer-burnt beyond all recognition? Plus, she promised she’d buy me a brand new cake on our 1 year anniversary. And it was delicious.

All this to say, TWO DAYS IN A ROW! Cake for breakfast two days in a row.

1 Comments:

Blogger cassi said...

i heard you had a doughnut cake.

3:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home