I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The morning news

I always wait until the last minute to get out of bed, get ready for work, and leave the house. Usually this means I'm stuck listening to NPR's business news from 7:50 to 8:00. It's my own fault - I could get up earlier and hear the interesting stories of political mudslinging and miserable failures from the White House*. But alas, it's an imperfect world.

So this morning I was listening to the business news, and got so excited by a story that came on about KRISPY KREME! But the story was something of a let-down. Apparently, Krispy Kreme is trying to get into the health-conscious market by introducing a whole wheat doughnut. I try not to second guess this company, which I believe has done so much good for the world of sugar addicts. But I'm just not sure that a whole wheat doughnut with 180 calories is really going to convince people that Krispy Kreme is a healthy place. AND, I'm not sure I want anyone to be under the false impression that it's a healthy place. Well, whatever. They didn't consult me on this decision. Here's the story. I report, you decide**.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7638032

*Google miserable failure. Seriously. Do it.

**I love you, Fox News.

1 Comments:

Blogger jelena said...

this post is so sad. i'm going to give you my 1 free doughnut coupon that was my valentine from ching chow. i'm sure she won't mind.

:)

jo jo

12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home