I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A few random thoughts

1. I had a lovely memory the other day of going to church as a little girl. That's right. No, you heard me. I had a nice memory about church. Because before we started the grocery shopping tradition on Sundays, we went to Sacred Heart Cathedral, conveniently located two blocks from Krispy Kreme. If my brother and I were good (he never was, but he got doughnuts anyway), we'd be taken for doughnuts after mass. Mmmmm, melt-in-your-mouth sugary goodness. Something so delicious makes me so glad to be alive.

2. I've never actually eaten an entire dozen hot Krispy Kremes in one sitting. I understand that a lot of people have done this. Should I? Who's up for joining me?

3. More on Sacred Heart. This is also where I attended first through eighth grade. My best friend during middle school was Lea, and Lea's mom worked down the street from school (in between school and Krispy Kreme). Sometimes Lea and I would go to her mom's office after school and wait there until she was finished with work. I suppose as an attempt to keep us occupied for a few minutes, Lea's mom would give us $5 and let us go next-door to Ham n' Goodies, where they have the best lemon frosted cookies ever. Holy deliciousness, those were good.

4. One last Sacred Heart story. From first grade through third grade, we had no air-conditioning at school. Most people were absolutely miserable, but I didn't mind so much because we went out to the playground every afternoon and had popsicles. Those were the days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dozen doughnuts? no problem. i'm up for it.

10:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home