I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Enabler of the Week

This is long overdue. Yes, I had a red velvet cake at my wedding. It was fantastic. But that’s not what made me the most sugar-addicted bride in the world.

THIS is what earned me that title.

My best friend Cassi, proud enabler for 9 years and running, was the genius behind this creation. Apparently, she called Krispy Kreme, but they don’t “do” cakes. They referred her to some crazy guy who “does” donut cakes, but he explained to her that “it’s wedding season, and I’m just so busy right now. I’m sorry, but I cannot help you!” What? Are you kidding me? If you’re a bride or groom out there who wanted a donut wedding cake, I’d like to hear from you. For that matter, if you’re anyone who knows anyone who wanted a donut wedding cake, tell me about it.

Anyway, Cassi, with the able assistance of our friend Caryn, built this magnum opus from cake stand up. It was gorgeous. Chocolate iced with sprinkles, a few original glazed, ribbons and a two-bride cake-topper. I’ve seen nothing like it in my life.

For this, Cassi deserves the enabler of the week award. Thank you, Cassi, for making the after-party a smashing, dunking success.

2 Comments:

Blogger cassi said...

don't forget the secret brownies inside the cake!!! aw man, that was a good cake. i'm ready to be done dieting now.

3:01 PM

 
Blogger cassi said...

don't forget the secret brownies inside the cake!!! aw man, that was a good cake. i'm ready to be done dieting now.

3:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home