I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fall in Atlanta

I was strolling through the grocery store with my partner this spring, and we saw huge mesh bags of Fla-Vor-Ice in the "spring" aisle (you know, where they sell ugly plastic sandals and citronella candles). I used to have them all the time as a kid, but I hadn't had a Fla-Vor-Ice in a long time. So yes! we got a huge mesh bag. She went back the next week and got another. I was eating four or five Fla-Vor-Ices a day for a few weeks, I totally overdid it, so then I slowed down pretty dramatically.
For the rest of the summer, I'd have a couple a week. Well, last week I noticed that I had eaten all the blues and greens and purples and reds and oranges, and all that was left were those gross yellow ones. So I brought them to work in hopes that someone around here would help me. No luck. All the gross yellow ones are still in the freezer.
Well, I needed an afternoon snack - just a little something to make me feel refreshed - so I ate a Fla-Vor-Ice (ok, I ate two). Now my teeth are chattering and I'm sitting in front of a space heater with a sweater on.
Yes, the air conditioning is suddenly feeling arctic, it's dark before I get out of class, we have a blanket on our bed again, it's fall in Atlanta.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home