I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Around the world in . . . hey, is that chocolate?

Warning: I have the attention span of a 2 year old right now.

Indonesia, Taiwan, Italy, England. I’m doing a world candy tour, and I visited four countries today. Now, alas, I am seriously regretting haven eaten little more than chocolate all day long. I’m in class, and I’m coming down from my sugar high. It’s rough. The Diet Coke isn’t helping. I know what you’re thinking….”why would someone with a blog about doughnuts and a serious sugar addiction bother with Diet Coke?” I don’t know. Somehow, it makes me feel better. See? I’m even blogging like I’m cracked out.

But my sugar frenzy was fun while it lasted. The enabler brought me several snacks from the farmer’s market – a candy bar from Taiwan, a weird cookie-dipping chocolate from Indonesia, and of course some Cadbury from England. I happened to have some Nutella, so I pulled that out too, just to make it a nice even number. And then for a healthy snack I had a cup of yogurt (with mini M&Ms stirred in). So now I’m totally strung out on sugar.

But tomorrow’s a whole new day, and I intend to resume my world tour at the crack of dawn. Sooo, readers, any good ideas for some international junk food? I need multicultural candy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My question is why are you blogging when you are in class? Aren't you paying quite a bit to hear what the professor has to say about - you know - THE LAW?
heather

12:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home