I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tricked him again

I went to the dentist this morning. I HATE the dentist. I had braces for five years, starting when I was 10. They even asked me to wear one of those headgears all day long (because that makes middle school sooo much easier). They also pulled about four of my teeth for no reason at all. Apparently, my teeth are too big for my head (that's flattering). And when I finally was released from this metal-mouth prison, they told me I had about a thousand cavities. And it was somehow my fault? I mean, really, the nerve of these people is astonishing.

When I finally graduated from high school, and my mother wasn't around to take me by force, I stopped going to the dentist. Three years later, I had one of those nightmares where all your teeth turn gray and fall out. I made an emergency appointment the next day, and have been going to the dentist since then.

When I graduated from college, I had to find my own dentist, and a friend referred me to someone whose office had fancy TVs on the ceilings and individual radios on each chair. I quickly figured out how he could afford all the nifty gadgets. He wanted me to undergo about $10,000 of dental work.

So I am decidedly not a fan of dentists. I am, however, a loyal patient to my current dentist. After the $10,000 fiasco, I got a second opinion, and was told my teeth are just fine. As long as he keeps telling me that, he and I are golden.

Anyway, I made my semiannual trip to the dentist this morning (following, mind you, my major sugar overdose yesterday). I tricked him again! I got the thumbs up, left the dentist's office, and walked down the street for my traditional post-dentist Dunkin Donuts celebration. See you in six months, sucker.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delightful, but your headgear image isn't exactly accurate. I'm sending a better one via email.

9:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think i have you beat - i am on a mission to consume ALL of the candy corn in the world before Halloween. And I think I'm gonna do it!
Heather

12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home