I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Sin

I’m a coffee addict, too. I just went to Starbuck’s to get a pound of decaf for a whiny coworker (no wonder he’s whiny!), and the manager told me that I’d get a free drink with the pound of coffee. I didn’t see any “free drink” signs, so I’m not sure what was the occasion, but I’m always up for a free drink. I stared at the menu board for a few minutes, and really really wanted the double chocolate chip frappuccino. But I thought I shouldn’t be greedy. I shouldn’t overdo it since this woman was obviously being very nice and generous by giving me a free drink in the first place. So I got an iced chai tea latte. Still yummy. Not so milkshakey.

Now, I know that Starbuck’s is out hunting down and destroying Mom and Pop (or Mom and Mom) coffee shops worldwide. I’ve been admonished by my lefter-leaning friends (yes! there are lefter-leaners out there) for supporting this corporate coffee empire. But I can’t help myself. It’s good. And you know what? Sometimes it’s free. Forgive me, goddess, but I love Starbuck’s.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Pants said...

by drinking FREE starbucks, you are actually taking more money AWAY from the man. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

1:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home