I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cake for breakfast part 3

I went to visit my parents this weekend. It was an early birthday sort of thing. We went shopping, I spent about 2 hours picking out a pair of shoes that is now in my car waiting to be returned, my brother and I drank several bottles of wine, and of course my mom and I baked a cake. Red velvet is my favorite. So we made the cake from a mix - it turned out quite delicious. But my mom always insists on doubling the recipe for the frosting.

I did everything I could to put as much frosting on that cake as possible. And it was fantastic. Two layers of cake with extra creamy cream cheese frosting piled on top. We ate it just after Sunday brunch - cake for breakfast!

And then we had an entire bowl of frosting left over. My mom put it in a tupperware container for me, and insisted that I take it home. When I got back to my house on Sunday night, I decided I should make some cupcakes, you know, just to have somewhere to put this frosting. I made 24 cupcakes (also red velvet) and frosted them. That tupperware container? Still mostly full. Quick. What to do!? I can't let this frosting go to waste!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home