I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Groceries

I ate an apple for breakfast! It’s not a vegetable, but it’s green! Now, to be honest, it wasn’t a completely healthy meal, I did have a spoonful of nutella on part of it. Only part of it, of course, because…

I did everything I could to save the little fella. He was a good jar of nutella. He had been with me for several weeks, but all good things must come to an end. My jar of nutella is now empty.

And when the jar of nutella is empty, I know it’s time to go grocery shopping.

I love grocery shopping, actually. I think it started when I was young. We had to go grocery shopping every Sunday after mass (way to add insult to injury!). Me, my parents, my sister, and my two brothers. We kids were all given a handful of coupons, and we fanned out across the store, grabbing boxes of rice-a-roni and frozen vegetables. Well, it didn’t take this little sugar addict long to discover the candy aisle, and the plastic bags where you could put scoops of chocolate covered pretzels and peanuts.

I didn’t shoplift. I weighed the bag of candy like a good little girl. And then let my parents pay for an empty plastic bag when we checked out. But it made the grocery shopping experience worthwhile. And somehow my parents never noticed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm ready for a new post!

8:46 AM

 
Blogger Maritime said...

I second that. I had to get my fix this morning by doing a line out of a Pixie Stix.

Actually, expert, what is the singular of "Pixie Stix?" Is it that you have to essentially cut the "x" in half? I suppose that would graphically make the singular form of "stix" be something like "stik." (Ideally, actually, an "x" cut in half would be an inverted "v," but a "k" will have to do. this would be perfect but for the "k's" vertical appendage.)

Here's what I will say, then: I snorted a Pixie Stik this morning. Now get writing.

3:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maritime has definitely had too much sugar!

9:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home