I love candy. I love it. And I love chocolate, and cookies, and cake, and ice cream. But more than anything else, I love doughnuts. This page is dedicated to all the enablers I know, who fill my life with doughnuts and other sweet, gooey, goodies.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

That girl

Today the enabler brought one of those round tins of danish butter cookies - you know, the ones you always get at Christmas? I counted. There were 40 cookies in the tin. (I counted because I didn't want to be that girl who ate all the cookies). Around lunchtime, the enabler commented that there were only 25 left. He swore he had only eaten 4, and he surmised that I must have eaten 10 and our other coworker must have eaten only 1. Ha! Our other coworker came by with 2 in his hand, and said he'd had at least 4 before then.

So, let's do the math. The enabler had 4 and the other coworker had 4, and 15 had been eaten. That leaves a meager 7 that I must have eaten. Frankly, I felt okay about that.

I have class tonight, so I just had a late lunch. I thought I'd grab 2 more cookies as a dessert. Well I'll be damned. There were only 11 left! Which means that someone has eaten more cookies than me. Frankly, it's unheard of. 29 cookies gone and I was only responsible for 7! Maybe I've lost my touch. But to make up for this, I did grab 2 more cookies and I dipped them in Nutella. I think all is back to normal in the world now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home